The ideal candidate should have the following required qualifications:
- Postgraduate qualifications in library science or in the process of completing such qualifications. These qualifications are usually referred to as a Masters in Library Science (MLS) or a Masters in Information Science (MLIS) or an equivalent postgraduate diploma. Library science students wishing to gain field experience as part of their course component are welcome to apply.
- Specialization in law librarianship or information technology
- Demonstrated interest in international law, particularly international criminal law, and legal research
- Experience or interest in reference or technical services is desirable
- Working knowledge of English and French
All candidates, regardless of nationality, are potentially eligible for the unpaid internships.
Additional information :
The internship and visiting professional programme is offered for 3 month and 6 month periods, although the Library would prefer candidates available for 6 months. Internships are intended for candidates 35 years of age or under. The visiting professional programme is for candidates over 35.
Organization web site:
May 1 2012 and 1 November 2012 (same time each year)