The 2013 Global Education Conference starts today! If you haven’t attended the annual Global Education Conference, you are in for a treat!
Times for today’s sessions that are show below are GMT+2 (Cape Town, Sofia, Athens, Tallinn, Helsinki, Bucharest, Johannesburg, Istanbul, Kyiv, Harare, Cairo, Ankara, Jerusalem, Beirut). To see the schedule in your own time zone, with the full session descriptions and a link to enter each session, go to http://www.globaleducationconference.com.
Monday, November 18
- OPENING SESSION – Global Education Welcome and Opening Convocation
- Are you ready for Conflict Analysis and Management Practice? Assessing Quality, Academic Rigor, and Innovation. – Amanda Coolidge instructional designer
- Students as Creators or Makers: Tools to foster Higher-order Thinking Skills – Jeff Hoffart (@JeffHoffart) – TEDxYouth@BIS Team
- Teaching in a school which sometimes becomes a hostile environment for a teacher or how to teach in an ex-conflict area – Attila Nagy, LLM International Business Law
- Can MOOCs Really Make an Impact in the Developing World? – Ioana Literat
- Making International Education for Everyone – David Potter, Chief Development Officer
- TIC para enseñar y aprender – L.I. Alma Delia Chávez Rojas
- From static to dynamic: engaging students with technology to teach global issues – Katharine Robinson
- MY HERO Learning Circles & CALL TO ACTION – Wendy Milette, Director of Media Arts Education
- The 9x9x25 Challenge: A Reflective and Open Model of Professional Development – Todd Conaway, instructional designer
- KEYNOTE: Michael Furdyk – Imagining Future Friendly Schools: Global Citizenship, Environmental Stewardship, and Student Voice