The Mortenson Center for International Library Programs invites your application to the 2017 Mortenson Associates Program.
The Mortenson Center Associates program continues in 2017 with “Building Sustainable Libraries,” May 24-June 20, 2017. This professional development program will cover inventive practices and services in areas such as:
- Leadership and Communication
- Digital and Print Collections
- Information Technology
- Marketing and Advocacy
- International Professional Networking
- Innovation and Community Outreach
- United Nations 2030 Sustainable Development Goals
Seminars and Workshops which provide an overview of current trends in the field. Library experts will be invited to share their perspectives, offer expertise, and foster conversations on the themes of communication and leadership.
- Tours of a variety of libraries, including academic, public, and school libraries. We may also visit the American Library Association headquarters in Chicago, Illinois and other sites of interest.
- Networking with dynamic group of international colleagues during and post-program.
- Participants will develop individual action plans, appropriate to their professional and institutional needs, and will receive post-program implementation review.
- Each participant will receive a Certificate of Program Participation upon completion.
- Scheduling to allow participants to attend the Annual Meeting of the American Library Association (ALA), if they wish. The 2017 Annual Meeting will be in Chicago, IL June 22-27. Arrangements and registration for the conference must be made separately and are not included in program costs.
Applications for the 2017 Associates Program are due on January 3, 2017.
For more information about the 2017 programs or to download an application, please visit the Mortenson Center website: www.library.illinois.edu/mortenson.